Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I have a favor to ask of any one that is willing. My friend, Michelle, is suffering from melanoma and has had a very difficult battle for the last 4 or 5 years. It started out small on her cheek and has spread, and spread, and spread. She has lost half of her face and one of her ears. She has had numerous surgeries and they thought that they may have gotten it all with her last surgery in May, but they were wrong. She has been faced with a very difficult decision recently. She had to decide what kind of treatment she wanted to pursue. All of the treatments had pros and cons. One would keep her in the hospital for 10 days and the side effects are more horrible than i can describe, but it could give her up to five more years. Michelle has three beautiful children and wants to live here as long as she can so she chose this treatment over two others that were less invasive but gave her less time on Earth. After she made the decision she received detrimental news, the cancer has spread to her lungs. Right now they are simply discussing more treatment options, but Michelle feels like she has a very small chance of recovery. I am going to do a special fast for her on Thursday. Since I am pregnant I can not do a true fast, but I am going to spend a lot of time on my knees and I will do everything else that I would normally do when I fast. Michelle is an amazing person, and she and I have been friends since middle school. She has a beautiful spirit and family and she deserves some prayers in her behalf. I am asking all of you who are willing to fast with me or at least keep her in your prayers. You are welcome to look at her blog, it is linked to mine but I am warning you, you will cry- but your testimony might be strengthened as well and you will probably end up feeling very blessed for the trials you are facing or have faced. I decided to fast yesterday and then Chad got his birthday card from Grandma and we learned of her health problems too. She asked if we would keep her in our prayers and so I was thinking if anyone ends up fasting with me we can certainly include Grandma in our prayers and fast intent.
Thank you so much,
Melinda

1 comment:

Jana said...

I would be happy to join you in your fast. I checked out Michelle's blog and was overwhelmed at what she is going through. I can't imagine having her burders! She will be in my prayers as well. You are such a good friend-Michelle is lucky to know you!