Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Chapter 3. January 18 2009

This is going to be my first time back at the ward since i have been back from Maryland for Christmas break. I Got back a while ago but I have been going to different wards for different things. But now i am going be late. Dang it.
I waited for my roommate to get ready and we headed into the institute building. Sacrament meeting was over, so we headed over to Sunday school and it is packed! "Amy" I said," Lets go into the living area and we can read over the ensign." So we are walking towards the living area when suddenly.... There he is. Brandon Wilson. The elders quorum president who is too busy to notice cute girls. I smiled as we walked by thinking i wasnt even going to get a glance and he says" Hey! You get to sunday school!" Wow...... forceful, but i think he is joking., somewhat. " Well you see", I say confidently, "Sunday school is pretty packed so we are just going to go talk about really spiritual things in the living room." I turn around quick and Amy gives me the eye. She knows who he is, and she remembers my little flame for him.
We sit down on the amazingly comfortable couches they have set up and We talk about Brandon for a second. I am pretty nonshalant about it becuase I dont know why he is affecting me so much. Boys don't affect me. I affect them. End of story. So i pull out the ensign because i was serious about spiritual conversations when all of the sudden mr. too good (but sooo cute) comes around the corner with his roommate darrin. They sit down next to us and he acknowledges that i was right, and sunday school is packed.
After that just like in the car, the easy conversation starts up again. Except for this time I am So nervous. WHY AM I NERVOUS!! people don't make me nervous. especially boys! I start blabbing off about how the feelings of the spirit could be comparable to eating hot muffins and having them slide down your throat. (WHAT AM I SAYING... nervous word vomit) But he laughs anyways... after a curious look. The conversation keeps going and its time for our next set of classes. So we left brandon with a challange. Have good news minute in elders quorum that day. ( and i dont think he is going to do it so i hire a boy to ask to have it)
We get out of relief society and are walking out to our car when i see him. "Hey, did you have good news minute today?" He replies" I knew you put them up to that!" As we are talking a couple of friends of mine pass by and ask if i am hosting games tonight like i always do on sundays. I told them yes and they were walking out and then the thought came.... Elyse just ask him. If he doesnt then he's not interested. So i say "hey you know you should come to game night tonight. It is really fun I think you'd like it. " He asks me what time and I don;t really know becuase it varies. I say 7ish or 8 ish when amy cuts in and says,"Hey elyse why don't you get brandons number so you can text him and let him know what time we are having it?" (THANKYOU AMY) so he agrees and after he gives me his number Amy and him keep chatting. I get to the part in my phone where i have to insert the name and i decided that i am going to be clever and cute and put him in there as the elders quorum president. What was it that amy called hers? oh yeah EC.... I cut into their conversation and say, " So i am putting you in my phone as EC.. i smile, a cute and very innocent smile and all i get back is silence and an extremely curious look from him. What is going on? Amy is busting up laughing and so is he so i retrace my thoughts.. Elders quorum isnt EC its EQ! "NIce Amy, Elders quorum starts with a Q not a C.." And she retorts "YEAH and EC is Eternal Companion!"
Oh my gosh, i am going to die..... I just called my sorta crush who i barely know, who wont even pay attention to me my EC!!!! OH MY GOSH!!! and he knows what it means!!!! OH MY GOSH! "Well Elyse", he says, " The nex temple trip is on the 14th so we could just go get married while everyone else is doing baptisms." Did he really just say that... He totally just made the most awkward situation of my life not awkward.....wow, I think i am in love.

4 comments:

Jana said...

I totally LOVE that story...the first time Brandon told me it (I think it was a day or two afterward) I died laughing! What a great story to tell your grandkids!

P. B.F. said...

See what happens when you try and use all these new fangled abbreviations. Point made- I think... I think I'm done making comments Mom. One last thing- why aren't any of the names capitalized? Just wondering.

Unknown said...

Wow! I am hooked on the first romantic novel I have ever read.
Love & keepem coming or git-er-done.
Dad

Elyse Wilson said...

Ben you are being such a whiner! just enjoy the story ya nit picker! ha ha

say something like... OH my goodness i am so happy Elyse is in the family! She is so much fun and so good at the Log game!!!