Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Chapter One- The Temple Trip down (elyse's POV)

It's saturday morning and I am wondering whether or not I should stay in bed a bit longer. I haven't slept very well and even though it is 10 o'clock a couple of hours more would be sooo nice. I role over to face the wall so the sun isn't shinning straight in my eyes when i remember that today is ward temple day. I haven't been able to go on any of the ward temple trips becuase my old job had me working every saturday, but last sunday I stood up in relief society and told the girls that there was going to be a temple trip and I was going to be going.
The relief society president gave them a pretty strong lecture on how you should always go to the ward temple trips because you were blessed for it and even if you were unworthy you should go to the visitors center. She is pretty intense when she speaks and I could tell that some of the not so comfortable with going to the temple girls were feeling guilty that they probably couldn't go. I thought that they might feel imbarrased to just go to the visitors center when everyone else was doing baptisms because to them it probably shouted "Hey, I'm unworthy". So I stood up and told them I would go to the visitors center so no one would be alone.
I pulled up to the church where we were meeting as a ward and there are tons of people. Bambi's speech must have worked on the girls! There are a couple girls I notice who said they were coming to the visitors center with me, one is going to ride with me, the other is going to follow me down. I decided I wanted to drive becuase a trip to the St george temple means potential shopping later! They call out for drivers and I raise my hand. Everyone piles into cars and drives away.
Emily and I are a couple of the last people to leave when two guys start coming over to my car. One i know, I am the property manager where he lives, and the other I am pretty sure is the elders quorm president. Brandon Wilson. I know his name becuase I have a couple girls in the ward who i KNOW have major crushes on him. He's cute, and he's the EQP so they should. He lets Aldo and Emily into the backseat and he sits upfront with me. He is really cute.
There are 4 of us driving to St. Geezy (which i have just found out really cute people, especially Brandon, call St. George) Brandon is so easy to talk to. I am acting like the biggest nerd, I can just feel it and he is probably thinking i am crazy. Oh well, I am having so much fun. We are just talking about music (he is going through my IPOD) family, school, life...wow this is so natural. The rest of the drive just seems like a blur of fun, singing, (he is kinda tone deaf ha ha) and Rhianna. He likes some pretty girly music, but i really love that he's not to into himself to let me know that. I only have two thoughts in my head the whole time.... this is so easy, and he is so cute!


(to be continued.......)

4 comments:

Abuelo Y Abuela said...

The suspense is killing us . . . hurry with chapter 2!

Jana said...

I can't believe the Rhianna didn't turn you completely off!!!!:)

Brandon said...

are you kidding me Jana? Rhianna can't hold a candle to yours truely. hahah

P. B.F. said...

EQP? WTH is up w/ all these acronyms! I am totally offended by the misuse and deterioration of our language nowadays! Nice story- is this a true story or a fairy tale...